You can also be an IB student! To become an IB Diploma Programme student at The International High School, follow the steps below.
If you are in your final year of secondary school (årskurs 9) then your next step is to join our PreIB class. The PreIB is a one year preparatory class that gives you the knowledge and support needed in Maths, Languages, Sciences, Arts, amongst other subject areas. This feeds directly into the 2 year Diploma Programme upon completion. Please note that Swedish for beginners is not offered as a subject in PreIB. To apply you will need to:
Important Information and dates for August 2024 Admission
Admission to Pre IB (Year 10)
Opens December at 08:00
NOTE: First admission round closes Feb 1st 2024; Second admission round closes May 2nd 2024.
Applying from Sweden:
If you are in Sweden, submit your application via Gymnasieantagningen - https://www.indra2.se/ (or speak to your Career guidance counsellor at your school).
Applying from abroad:
If you are abroad, please download and complete the application form at the bottom of this page and email it to email@example.com. We also need you to submit an application on Open Apply here.
For those students who have already completed MYP10, PreIB or IGCSEs, it may be possible for you to apply directly to the two year IB Diploma Programme, years 11 and 12.
Admission for the IB Diploma (Years 11 and 12)
Opens December 2023 and closes June 12th 2024.
- Submit your application on Open Apply here. Do note that we might close our application earlier in May if we reach full capacity, so it is advisable to submit your completed application as soon as possible.
Dates for entrance exams
- Early Entrance exam for students applying from abroad (PreIB and the IB Diploma) only –January 15th 2024. The exam can be done at the present school abroad if they are willing to administer and invigilate the exam.
- Entrance exam for PreIB and the IB Diploma in Sweden: Feb 7th 2024, 08.30-11.30 or Feb 8th 2024, 14.00-17.00. You will receive an email from IHGR after the first admission closes (Feb 1st) confirming the time and date of your exam.
- Late Entrance exam for applicants in Sweden (PreIB and the IB Diploma) - May 2024.
- Late Entrance exam for students applying from abroad (PreIB and the IB Diploma) - April 2024. The exam can be done at the current school abroad if they are willing to administer and invigilate the exam.
If you would like further information about the IB Diploma Programme, please contact:
Tracey Bengtsson Hopcraft, IB Diploma Coordinator,
firstname.lastname@example.org, +46 707 808 410