Application for a ship sanitation certificate
Fees – inspection and issuing of a certificate
The Environmental Administration charges a fee for inspecting a ship and issuing a sanitation certificate. The fee is in accordance with the tariff decided by Gothenburg City Council.
On weekdays, 8am-5pm, the fee is 1 247 kronor per hour (2022). If inspection has to be carried out outside of office hours the fee will be higher.
- Normally it takes two hours to carry out an inspection and issue a certificate. There is an additional charge to cover travelling time to and from the port where the ship is berthed.
- Freight vessels will be required to pay for a maximum of four hours.
- Passenger ships or cruise ships will be required to pay for a maximum of 12 hours.
To extend a valid sanitation certificate, a fee for one hour is charged for processing and administration.
Order an inspection online
You can order an inspection via the e-service available here - click the blue button:
- Sanitation certificate inspections are carried out weekdays between 8am and 5pm.
- You must order an inspection no later than 11am three working days before the requested inspection date.
- If an inspection is cancelled or rescheduled, you will be charged an administrational fee.
Contact the City of Gothenburg
If you have questions about Application for a ship sanitation certificate, you can contact the City of Gothenburg, Phone +46 31-365 00 00 (contact center), Telephone hours Mon-Fri 7-18.